CDP2 is a pre-professional contemporary dance company for teen and adult dancers. CDP2 members will be selected through audition, then will have weekly class and rehearsals in Northeast Minneapolis. Dancers will train in CDP’s unique contemporary aesthetic, and learn repertory that will be performed at various shows throughout the year.
- Is for dancers ages 16+ (16 year olds must be in grade 11 for the 2017-2018 academic year);
- Is a tuition-based program;
- Is for dancers committed to developing contemporary dance technique, deepening their knowledge of dance composition, and exploring the limits of improvisational movement;
- Will provide opportunities for guest performances, teaching, assisting, and intern roles with the company;
- Is a supplemental program to dancers’ school/studio/team training, designed to enrich understanding of concert dance
- Is a one evening a week, year-long commitment
Apprentice level scholarships may be awarded to adult dancers who demonstrate superior potential in dance technique and performance. Apprentices may be cast, in limited roles, in company shows, and be eligible to receive compensation for additional responsibilities within the company.